Areas of Interest:
- Caribbean history
- blacks in the Americas
- postemancipation societies
- the U.S. Civil Rights Movement
Research and Teaching:
Professor Cox teaches undergraduate and graduate courses in all of his areas of interest, but he is no longer accepting new graduate students.
- "William Galwey Donovan and the Struggle for Political Change in Grenada, 1883–1920," Small Axe, vol. 22 (February 2007): 17-38.
- Ralph Brush Cleghorn of St. Kitts (1804-1842)," Slavery & Abolition, vol. 28 (April 2007): 41-60.
- The Free Coloreds in the Slave Societies of St. Kitts and Grenada, 1763-1833, (Univ. of Tennessee, 1984).