Office of the Provost
Rice University Announces Establishment of the
Rice Academy Postdoctoral Fellows Program
as Part of the Rice University Academy of Fellows
For more information on the Rice Univesity Academy of Fellows, please click here.
As a leading research university with a distinctive commitment to undergraduate education, Rice University aspires to path-breaking research, unsurpassed teaching, and contributions to the betterment of our world. It seeks to fulfill this mission by cultivating a diverse community of learning and discovery that produces leaders across the spectrum of human endeavor.
As part of a recently launched $150 million investment in research initiatives to advance this mission, Rice University is pleased to announce and invite applications for the Rice Academy Postdoctoral Fellows Program. The 2016 competition focuses exclusively on topics broadly related to health.
The two-year Rice Academy Postdoctoral Fellowships are open to exceptional scholars who have recently earned the doctoral degree in any area, including medicine, and who want to pursue research with faculty at Rice University. Applications are particularly welcome from those who are interested in interdisciplinary approaches to scholarship.
Individuals selected as Fellows will join the Rice University Academy of Fellows, a community of scholars that includes senior members of the Rice faculty. Additionally, the Rice Academy Postdoctoral Fellowship offers:
- a close, mentored relationship with two specific faculty members
- collaborative relationships with an academy of distinguished faculty fellows who have extraordinarily diverse interests and expertise relevant to scholarship on health
- regular opportunities for intellectual exploration with a diverse group of other Rice Academy Postdoctoral Fellows
- programmatic activities to promote professional development, including a focused plan to pursue the K99 award and other relevant early career awards
- substantial campus-wide resources in expertise and instrumentation
- a competitive salary, as well as benefits
- appropriate resources to pursue research objectives.
Candidates for the Rice Academy Postdoctoral Fellowship must submit a research proposal (three pages maximum), CV, sample publication or other work of scholarship, the names of two Rice University faculty members with whom candidates would like to work (we encourage applicants to contact these faculty members in advance of submitting final applications), and three letters of recommendation. Applicants must have earned the doctoral degree between September 1, 2012, and August 31, 2016. All applications should be submitted electronically at riceacademy.rice.edu by January 11, 2016. Rice Postdoctoral Fellows are all expected to begin September 1, 2016.
Rice University is an Equal Opportunity Employer with commitment to diversity at all levels, and considers for employment qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national or ethnic origin, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status.