Nothing available? None of the projects appeal to your interests? Apply anyway!
The Department of History offers several paid Research Assistantships to give undergraduate students the opportunity to work closely with a faculty member and exercise their historical research skills.
- The student must have taken or be enrolled in at least two (6 credit hours total) history courses at the time of application
- Preference will be given to History majors • the pay is $12/hour
- Upon completion of the Research Assistantship, students will submit a CV and 1-2 page reflection on the experience.
Exceptions to the above rules require approval of the Undergraduate Committee.
For summer positions, applications are due by March 20th prior to the summer in which you hope to work. (If you plan to work in Summer of 2019, then your application needs to be turned in by March 20th, 2019)
- Students may work up to 40 hours/week for two months
During the academic year there are two application deadlines: September 30 and February 28. In exceptional cases, the department may issue calls for applications outside of these deadlines.
- Research Assistantships may commence during the semester of application OR start in the following academic semester
- Students may work for up to 100 hours total for the academic semester and no more than 8 hours/week
- A resume or curriculum vitae (CV)
- A short letter (1-2 pages) describing your background in history, interests and relevant training.
Please e-mail your application to email@example.com.
Faculty-student matches will be determined by the undergraduate committee.